What type lawyer do I need to sue someone who hit me and they were uninsured?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type lawyer do I need to sue someone who hit me and they were uninsured?

I was rear-ended by a lady with no insurance while stopping at a red light. My insurance company has totaled my car. They will not be giving me enough to pay my car off, so I have to finish paying off the loan. And now I am out a car. I want to be paid for my loss and need to know what type lawyer I should get to sue this lady?

Asked on August 6, 2018 under Accident Law, Alabama


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You need a personal injury, or "PI," attorney, one who commonly or exclusively handles the "plaintiff" (person suing) side of the lawsuit (there are attorneys who specialize in representing defendants, or the person being sued, and defending them in court; you don't want one of those): that type of attorney, which is a common one (you should have no trouble finding one) is the type to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption