What to do or where to go to get some help?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do or where to go to get some help?

My storage unit was broke into and burglarized,
called the police and they did nothing. I told
them I knew who it was and they didn’t take any
information I had. It wasn’t random , they knew
what they were after and one of them involved was
recently involved in a burglary that took place
at a convenience store. Nothing that was taken
wasn’t for them to sell, they would keep the
items. I know with no doubts 99.9 who it was if
the police would check it out. But now if I want
justice I need help in where to find it. Thank

Asked on January 4, 2019 under Criminal Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You could try contacting both the state police and the county sheriff: one or the other might help. Try contacting your town/city's mayor's office: they may put pressure on the police to act. You could also, if you thought it worthwhile, sue the perpetrators (since you know who they are) for the value of they took.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption