What steps do I need to take in order to have a misdemeanor of false pretenses expunged or sealed?

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What steps do I need to take in order to have a misdemeanor of false pretenses expunged or sealed?

I was charged on the 14th; the felony was dismissed but I pled quilty to the misdemeanor. I received 90 days suspended, 1 year unsupervised probation and have to pay restitution. Is there a way to have this removed so I can seek employment?

Asked on March 21, 2013 under Criminal Law, West Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately for you the matter cannot be changed. If you succeed on your probation the charge will be dismissed as to you where there will be no criminal conviction. I suggest that you consult further with a criminal defense attorney to see what your legal options are besides what is stated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption