What should I do reguarding this trade?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do reguarding this trade?

Over a month ago I traded saddles with a
lady, she loved the saddle when she got
it, bit it doesn’t fit her horse. She
waited a month to tell me that she
wanted her saddle back. And by then I
already fell in love with my new saddle.
So I told her no, a trade is a trade.
She’s in another state, I have records
of the trade and everything I think
checks out. Is there anything legally
she can do?

Asked on January 9, 2019 under Business Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

No, there is nothing she can legally do. Any transaction--including a trade as well as a sale--is final unless the agreement specifically included the right to return the items (e.g. saddle) and get your money (or in this case, saddle) back. Unless the right to a return was part of your agreement, she cannot get her saddle back unless you were to 100% voluntarily agree to the exchange.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption