What should I do regarding medical house left in my arm?

UPDATED: Mar 1, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 1, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do regarding medical house left in my arm?

I had two surgeries and after I
had been released and then started
healing I felt sharp Pain in my
arm and noticed a fiber sticking
out of the incision.

Asked on March 1, 2016 under Malpractice Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Assuming (as seems reasonable)  that leaving the hose in was negligent or careless, it was most likely malpractice. In that case, the doctor would have to pay for any additional medical costs, such as the cost to remove it, you incur due to the malpractice. However, to get them to pay if they won't do so voluntarily, you'll have to sue them, and malpractice suits can be expensive and take alot of time; you may have to figure out how to pay for the visit/procedure/etc. to remove the hose, then later decide if it's worth suing and, if it is, file a lawsuit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption