What shouldI expect after being charged with a MIC and MIP?

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What shouldI expect after being charged with a MIC and MIP?

I was walking with friends when i was stopped by a undercover cop we had all been drinking before in a friends dorm and we told the cop so as well they breathalyzed me and i had a cup in my hand and they tested that and charged me for that (when I say charge I mean that is what they wrote of the ticket; it hasn’t been proven in a court of law yet). I am 18 years old have no priors and have no tickets of any kind. Will I be accepted in the diversion program? hat are the typical charges for a case like this? Also, the cops told us how respectful we were.

Asked on September 4, 2011 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were charged with possession with alcohol by a minor, the offense is a criminal offense which could very well result in a monetary fine, jail, classes about improper use of alcohol and a permanent criminal record.

Given the situation you are in, perhaps you should consider consulting with a criminal defense attroney. There is a chance that you could be placed on court probation and if you satisfy the terms of the court probation the charges could be dismissed.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption