What should I do if a 15 year old gets a ticket for reckless driving and no license but has Asperger’s and ADHD

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do if a 15 year old gets a ticket for reckless driving and no license but has Asperger’s and ADHD

My 15 year old goes to court in South Carolina
for reckless driving and no license what are his
rights for these tickets

Asked on November 19, 2017 under General Practice, South Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Retain a lawyer to help your son, but understand that the traffic laws do not recognize exceptions for having Asperger's and ADHD: regardless of  mental or other issues, one must obey the traffic laws. There is a reasonable chance that, especially with a lawyer's help, you can get the offenses pled down or one of them dropped, but he is highly unlikely to escape with no punishment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption