What should I do for a citation for MIP of alcohol and using a fake ID?

UPDATED: Aug 25, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 25, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do for a citation for MIP of alcohol and using a fake ID?

I got both the citations but was not arrested. I was given a court date. I am clueless as to how to deal with this so any help would be appreciated.

Asked on August 25, 2011 Alabama


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Under AL law, anyone under the age of 21 is prohibited from consuming, possessing, purchasing or transporting any type of alcohol. Additionally, it is also illegal to use or attempt to use a fake driver’s license to obtain or attempt to obtain any kind of alcohol. Violators will be issued fines ranging from $50 to $500 and face up to 3 months in jail. Further, the person’s driver’s license will be suspended for 3 to 6 months and they will be charged a reinstatement fee of $275.

First-time offenders receive probation and are ordered to perform community service and minors (under age 18) convicted of these charges can request “youthful offender status” (the conviction will not appear on the minor’s criminal record).

You really should consult directly with an attorney in your area who handles these type cases. They can advise as the the best course of action in your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption