What should I do about finding glass in my candy bar?

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 15, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do about finding glass in my candy bar?

I was eating a peanut bar and it was fine until I poured the crumbs in my hand and threw them into my mouth, when I bit down on them I felt something hard crunch between my teeth, when I spit it out it was three pieces of glass, I could not believe what I found, so I looked the company up on the internet and found a phone number, I called and spoke to a lady and told her what had happened, she asked for the expiration date and the 4 digit number which I gave her. I was told this morning that the person that I should talk to would not be in until Monday.

Asked on December 15, 2011 under Personal Injury, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were not injured in some relatively significant way--such that you incurred meaningful medical costs, have suffered significant pain and disability, etc.--there's nothing to do except talk to the company and see if they will voluntarily give you any compensation. That is because the legal system only provides compensation for actual injuries or costs, not merely because someone "could" have been injured. If you did not suffer damages, there is nothing to sue for, leaving voluntary compensation your only option.

If did suffer significant injury, etc., speak with a products liability attorney about the situation, to see if you have worthwhile case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption