What should I do?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should I do?

I was pulled over for following to close. The officer lied on camera but I doubt audio from the dash will be understandable if any audio at all. I

contested the ticket but now I regret it. They are also Charing me for not

having proof of insurance, though I did/do have insurance. I went in and proved it so the clerk said they would drop the second ticket. I didn’t have proof on me that day but I did/do have insurance. I wasn’t tailgating and I contested this because he tried to create a false narrative to prove that I was at fault. I’m not okay with that but I’m starting to feel like I should have taken the ticket. This is my second offence in 2 years and I have nothing else on my record.

Asked on October 30, 2018 under General Practice, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

There may be nothing you can do unless the prosecutor is still willing to cut you some plea deal. The simple fact is, without some hard evidence (e.g. a good autio recording) of what was said, the court will believe the trained, sworn, and "neutral" (no personal stake in matters) police office over you, so they will believe his narrative in regards to tailgating.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption