What legal rights does my son have if he was injured while racing stock cars at an Iilinois speedway?

UPDATED: Dec 2, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 2, 2018Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What legal rights does my son have if he was injured while racing stock cars at an Iilinois speedway?

My son was injured while racing at a
local speedway. He broke his thumb and
has tendon damage as well. He needs
surgery but is uninsured since he was
new at his place of employment and not
eligible for insurance. He has since
been let go since he can not do the job
while his hand is broken.

I would appreciate any and all advice.
Thank you.

Asked on December 2, 2018 under Accident Law, Illinois


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

IF he was injured due to some unsafe condition at the speedway, such as a poorly maintained track with potholes, he could potentially sue for his medical bills, for lost wages, or "pain and suffering" if he suffers long-term, significant disability or life impairment. But the key is, the track must have been at fault in some way. If the track was not at fault, they are not liable--so if the track had nothing to do with the accident, he cannot hold them responsible for it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption