What kind of attorney do I need if I’m being sued for auto accident medical expenses?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What kind of attorney do I need if I’m being sued for auto accident medical expenses?

Single car auto accident resulting in ongoing medical care for the driver (my son) and passenger (his wife). The auto and insurance are in my name.

Asked on June 8, 2016 under Personal Injury, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You want a litigator (someone who mostly does trial work; as oppposed to someone who does wills or contracts or RE closings), preferably one with experience in personal injury matters (so not someone who mostly does evictions, or municipal court, or business diputes gone bad), and *ideally* someone whose experience in on the defense side of "tort" (that's what you call accident) cases--that said, an attorney who usually is on the plaintiff (suing) side should know how to defend them, too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption