What kind of attorney do I need?

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What kind of attorney do I need?

I live in a gov’t subsidized apartment (my rent is not subsidized). I have black mold covering the entire inside of the apartment to include the walls, celiling and carpeting. Managment, board members nor the city (who owns the apt). will not recognize that there is a problem. I have developed respiratory problems from the mold. I need to know how to proceed. Thank you.

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Personal Injury, Kansas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to hire a personal injury attorney that is familiar with housing matters.  You claim appears to be for breach of your quiet enjoyment of the premises as well as negligence.  I suggest that you write your landlord a letter telling him about the problem and enclosing pictures.  the landlord's failure to respond to this will help you case at a later date to show neglect and so forth.  There is no reason that you should have to live in such conditions.  I would also write a letter to the attorney gerneral complaining about the problem as it will pressure the landlord to take action (make sure you copy the landlord on your letter to the atty general).  In the meantime, you should also obtain a laywer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption