What kind of attorney about an trust fund that’s taken for me?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What kind of attorney about an trust fund that’s taken for me?

My uncle had medical poa over my
adopted father after he passed my
uncle told me that there was an
trust fund for me then he took it
and kept it to himself what should
i do to least try to get it back?

Asked on May 11, 2019 under Estate Planning, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You'd have to file a lawsuit against your uncle: the exact nature of the suit depends on whether your uncle was also the trustee of the trust (in which case he violated his obligations and duties as trustee) or not (in which case he likely simply committed theft). A good type of attorney to talk to would be one who does probate work--while a trust is not necessarily "probate" per se, many of the same issues will arise; this occured after your father passed away, also implicating probate law; and many probate attorneys regularly go to court and so filing a legal action should be something they could do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption