What is the typical punishment for disorderly conduct and can the charge be expunged?

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the typical punishment for disorderly conduct and can the charge be expunged?

I have a previous DUI that was removed from my record about a year and a half ago, and I recently received a disorderly conduct ticket for a party at my house that got out of control. I’m wondering what to expect as punishment for disorderly conduct and if I can get the charge removed from my record considering that I had the DUI removed not too long ago? Should I speak with a criminal law attorney? In Fairfield County, CT.

Asked on January 29, 2011 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Most states classify disorderly conduct as a low level misdemeanor.  In CT, disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor with a fine of $500 and up to 3 months in jail.  Additionally, my understanding is that under existing state law unless the charge is dismissed, or the prosecutor declines to prosecute (nolle prosequi), or the case is won at trial and the defendant is acquitted, such a conviction cannot be expunged
At this point you should definitely consult directly with a criminal law attorney in your area.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption