What is the maximum and minimum sentence for Attempted homocide in PA

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the maximum and minimum sentence for Attempted homocide in PA

Friend of mine got into a verbal arguement with someone he had been in a fight with previously at a bar. This arguement took place outside the kids house so the kids said he was gonna go put tennis shoes on and they wouldfight. Kid went into the house, came out the back and snuck around the side of the house with a gun and shot my friend in the thigh hitting a main arttiery. My friend alomst bleed to death and had to be life flighted to a hospital in Pittsburgh.

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends -- does the person have priors? On parole or probation? How old? Charged as an adult if a minor? How is the judge? Is he being charged with attempted murder or attempted manslaughter?

Here is some information for you:


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption