What is the likely ruling on a driving on suspended license case, with no previous police record?

UPDATED: May 28, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the likely ruling on a driving on suspended license case, with no previous police record?

My wife was pulled over on Fort Meade for doing 30 in a 15. when the officer ran her license, he found out it was suspended. Apparently the MVA sent a notice of suspension that was marked return to sender. They also sent another one that wasnt returned, but we do not have. My wife still had a provisional license, a ticket from 2003, 2005, and last year caused her provisional to be suspended. She was in South Carolina at college(which is why she didnt get a chance to get a regular license) I am currently stationed here in MD on recruiting duty for the Marine Corps. Just tryingtorelieveherstress

Asked on May 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Maryland


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Quite frankly, this is a complicated situation.  To try and give a simple answer in the space allotted here would be difficult.  Not to pass the buck but you really should consult with an attorney in the area where all of this happened.  He/she will give you a good idea as to what the most likely ruling will be, and if you decide to hire them, they will best be able to explain things to the DMV.  Without such an advocate your wife is at risk of losing her driving privileges for some time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption