What is the best way to deal with my most recent ticket?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the best way to deal with my most recent ticket?

New Link Destination
day I received a citation for 70 in a 55. A little over
a month ago I received another citation for Failure to
stop at a steady red that resulted in a PFJ. The only
other ticket Ive ever received was for Unsafe
Movement back in June of 2016. What are my
options for dismissal/reduction of my most recent

Asked on June 17, 2018 under General Practice, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You have essentally no chance for dismissal, unless  you opt for a trial and get very lucky in that the officer is no longer available to testify (e.g. died or retired and moved), so that the state cannot prove its case.
Getting a reduction is possible, but not particularly likely given the other two offense: the prosecutor is much more likely to offer a reduced plea to people with clean driving records.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption