What is the best way possible to get a no contact order dropped?

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is the best way possible to get a no contact order dropped?

There are 2 cases of domestic violence against my friend. his fiance is pregnant and she can’t tell him anything about the baby or anything because of a no contact order. No one is helping her (prosecution, victim’s advocate) to get the process to get the NCO dropped. I don’t know what to tell her so if there are any answers out there I would apprecitate it.

Asked on August 8, 2012 under Criminal Law, Indiana


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In most cases, the only way a no contact order is dropped is by having the alleged victim contact the court or the prosecutor to inform them of their desire to have contact with the defendant. Be mindful that once domestic violence charges have been filed, the prosecutors will look out for the best interests of the victim, even if this means denying her request to have contact with the defendant. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption