What is my recourse and time limit if the seller will not make repairs on the items indentified on the Inspection Notice.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is my recourse and time limit if the seller will not make repairs on the items indentified on the Inspection Notice.

I provided a list of items I wanted the seller to repair based on the inspection report, which was performed in accordance with the provisions of the contract. They opted not to repair what appears to be the most expensive ones. One is a safety issue. Once I rejected their proposal I do I have a right to end the transaction and move on.

Asked on July 29, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you have the standard "inspection contingency" in your contract, if the seller will neither make the repairs nor offer you a mutually agreeable price reduction or credit, you may terminate the agreement. To be certain you can do this, you must review your contract, to see exactly what it says--your particular contract is enforced according to its own terms.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption