What is my best course of action?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is my best course of action?

I brought my 2006 Audi A4 in to have the windows tinted. After 6 days of having my car, the shop finally returned it to me. Now, two day slater, I realize the rear defroster is not working. The shop says it probably happened during removal of the old tint but says it is unavoidable and refuses to do anything to resolve the damage. What should I do?

Asked on October 12, 2016 under Business Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the window tint establishment for negligence.  Negligence is the failure to exercise due care (that degree of care that a reasonable window tint establishment would have exercised under the same or similar circumstances to prevent foreseeable harm).
You can file your lawsuit for negligence in Small Claims Court.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) are the cost of repairs to the defroster.  You can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption