What if the dentist did horrible job and refused to issue a refund?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What if the dentist did horrible job and refused to issue a refund?

I went to see my doctor to do the implants. He did a horrible job, the new teeth
didn’t fit me at all and I had pain all the time. At first the dentist had offered me to re-
do his job but it turned out to be a horrible quality again. However, I’ve paid for
those implants but when I’ve asked to give a refund and just take those teeth back
he refused to do that and issue a refund.

Asked on October 20, 2016 under Malpractice Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If the dentist did an unreasonably or unprofessionally bad job, that may be malpractice, which could entitle you to compensation, such as some combination of your money back, the cost to fix the problem, and a small amount for "pain and sufering." However, malpractice cases can be difficult and expensive, you need to hire a medical expert (like another dentist), who do not work cheap, to testify--the court will not accept your layperson testimony about what wrnt wrong. So the case may, depending on the cost of the implants, may cost more yo bring then you will get back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption