what happens if my DL got suspended and i never found out!!!???

UPDATED: May 4, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what happens if my DL got suspended and i never found out!!!???

i was convicted for dwi in march. my ID got suspended feb4-mar4 i would call my attorney at least every other week to ask if i was still ok to drive.he alwys said yes! i called dps mar4 and found out it had been suspeded the whole time. i had no idea. im really scared. i trusted my attorneys office to tell me everything i should know. what am i supposed to do now??

Asked on May 4, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


E.H., Member, Calfiornia Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You will need to determine the status of your driver’s license. You can consult with your local Department of Public Safety-Driver License Division office for options that you may have such as obtaining a restricted license or how you can reinstate your license. They can also inform you of the penalties for driving on a suspended license.




As for your attorney, if you have made multiple efforts to contact them and they have not been responsive, you can consult with the State Bar of Texas about your situation.



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption