What forms do I file to request a hearing against my ex-wife for contempt of a divorce decree settlement agreement?

UPDATED: Mar 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What forms do I file to request a hearing against my ex-wife for contempt of a divorce decree settlement agreement?

My wife is delaying resolution of our divorce decree and holding possessions that should have been amicably allocated. I need help to get this resolved.

Asked on March 7, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

What you would file is a motion for contempt if she is in violation of a court order, which probably incorporated the divorce settlement.  Otherwise she is in breach of the contract.  Has the decree already been signed?  That is hard to tell but I think that it has and she is just not complying.  Once you make the motion it will set a date down for you to be heard (you choose the motion date).  You should get some legal help with this.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption