What form do I need my ex-wife to sign that will release any ownership interest that she claims to have in my LLC?

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 12, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What form do I need my ex-wife to sign that will release any ownership interest that she claims to have in my LLC?

All registration is in my name solely. However, she claims interest due to making small purchases (e.g. internet service). We are in CO.

Asked on January 12, 2011 under Business Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

It is not a form that you need.  It is an agreement that needs to be drawn up between the two of you wherein she relinquishes any and all rights she may have had in the past, may presently have and may have in the future to any ownership interest in the LLC, its assets and any other rights.  She may also want to be indemnified for any liabilities that may be associated with the LLC and that could be a bargaining chip for you here.  I would seek legal counsel in this matter and I would discuss the issues in detail.  Bring your divorce agreement as well as the issue may have been addressed there or the new agreement may need to say something about modification.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption