what does it mean when court motion case closed and judge vacates bench warrant

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what does it mean when court motion case closed and judge vacates bench warrant

I was arrested and charged with
OWI was sentenced to 180 days
probation and 180 community
service. I did all the probation
but could do the community
service. So the extend probation
another 180 days I did that as
well but still couldn’t the
community service then two years
pass and my question is the last
thing the court docket in minutes
said what does it mean

Asked on September 12, 2018 under Criminal Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

A case being closed means that it is over: there will be no further action on it (unless one side or another--you or the prosecutor) appeals.
A bench warrant being vacated means that the warrant for your arrest has been voided or rescinded; you will not be arrest, at least on that warrant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption