What documents do I need for divorce

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What documents do I need for divorce

I’ve filed divorce in Hendricks co Indiana. I’ve been to court 3 times and my husband who I have a no contact order on hasn’t shown at all. The judge keeps telling me to bring in some kind of financial paperwork and something about assets but I done know what that means. My husband and I haven’t been together in over 5 years and we have no kids, no assets and I’m filing for disability so I have no finances bank accounts credit cards nothing. He won’t grant me a divorce because I don’t know what he wants.

Asked on April 10, 2019 under Family Law, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The judge probably wants you to file an income and expense declaration. Check with the court clerk to obtain that form or you may be able to download it from the court's website. Complete the form to list your monthly income and expenses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption