What do I say when I go to a court date for an MIP?

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I say when I go to a court date for an MIP?

I got an MIP and have a court date tomorrow. In my police report, I said “I didn’t drink that much” but I was never given a breathalyzer. I would like to take the diversion class and have it off my record. Do i plea guilty or not guilty based on my charge and police report?

Asked on March 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

With a MIP, you are not to consume any alcohol period if you are under the age of 21. More than likely, if this is your first offense, the court may place you into a pre-trial diversion program or some form of alternative sentence to avoid this from going on your criminal record. Speak with a criminal defense attorney in your area for further guidance and representation purposes because it may be beneficial for you to have one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption