What do I say in court tomorrow?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I say in court tomorrow?

I received two citations one for
failure to maintain financial
responsibility and the other for
failure to control speed. It is my
desire to have deferred adjudication
and defensive driving in place of going
on my driving record

Asked on March 16, 2016 under General Practice, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Every municipal court is a little different.... but most will let you talk to a prosecutor and work out a deal.  What hope to get is not out of the range of options.  If you end up in front of a judge, then tell them (1) that you are entering a plea of not-guilty (2) and that you would like to visit with a prosecutor to see what type of agreements can be reached. 
It's court and you need to show proper decorum... but it's a more relaxed court than a larger, felony court.  So... don't stress too much.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption