What do I need to do if the job refuse to do an MRI to see what’s wrong with my leg after I was hurt on the job

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I need to do if the job refuse to do an MRI to see what’s wrong with my leg after I was hurt on the job

I threw out my knee there some injuries
the doctors want to do an MRI but my job
refuse to pay. but yet they still want
me to try to work and help out people
when my leg is still injured

Asked on November 6, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Have the MRI done yourself; then, as appropriate, apply for worker's compensation or sue your employer for compensation (you sue if worker's compensation is not available). You do not need your employer's permisson or consent for medical treatment, and the law does *not* require them to pay for it upfront: rather, IF medical examination shows a work-related injury, then you could seek worker's compensation and/or sue. So get the treatment you need; then figure out what compensation to seek.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption