What do I file to ask the judge for assistance to move from the estate due to financial hardship?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I file to ask the judge for assistance to move from the estate due to financial hardship?

I was my mother’s caregiver she has passed I live in the house that has now become the estate of our Trust. I have no means of money and no where to go. I was told there was something I could file asking the judge for some kind of help cause the executor my brother will not help me.

Asked on July 19, 2019 under Estate Planning, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You were misinforrmed: the court, the legal system, and the state (since the state ultimately funds the courts and legal system) have no obligation to and will not provide a party or person financial assistance, including assistance to relocate or move or find new housing. (Think about it: if the court had to do this, they'd be paying for essentially every tenant who gets evicted for failing to pay his/her rent, which means that the government would end up taking on or subsidizing their housing.) That you have no place to go does not require or even allow (i.e. provide the legal power or authority for) a judge to give or make sure you get a loan. 
You have to contact community organizations, charities, religious institutions (e.g. churches) etc. if you need to find someone who give you a loan or other financial assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption