What do i do now

UPDATED: May 30, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 30, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do i do now

was arrested for 2 outstanding checks missed in a forgery mess at my bank. was working with law inforcement in far west tx and some how was not notified of these cks,they do fall in the stop payment numbers issued, but dont know how bank marked them.how do i procede from here,cks total 308 including victum fee. Had to sort out signitures good bad then closed account to stop them opened new one right beside it at the same time. Nothing ever came of case in west tx. this was in 04.and i was just arrested.Charge class b misdemenaor.

Asked on May 30, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

What you do now is, hire a good lawyer.  One place to find qualified criminal defense counsel is our website, http://attorneypages.com

There are obviously a lot of details to this story, much more than you could fit into a question like this, and probably things you were smart not to post on the internet.  Your lawyer will need to know all the details, because something you might not even think was important could turn the whole case around.  That's part of what you're paying for!

I'm not sure you'll be able to have this dismissed, or that you could be acquitted at trial if it comes to that.  But I am sure that you are far and away going to be better off with a lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption