What do I do if my husband refuses to provide me his employer and driver’s license information for the divorce forms?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I do if my husband refuses to provide me his employer and driver’s license information for the divorce forms?

I finally located where he is after many years and now he keeps stalling when I am trying to get the information from him. Note, he has been living with his girlfriend since right after he moved out almost 7 years ago.

Asked on February 20, 2018 under Family Law, Kansas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Generally speaking, the court should not hold you hostage in your marriage just because your husband refuses to give you info on the forms.  Do you have his home address?  Then fill that in and as for the rest of the information write unknown/ refused by spouse.  See what the clerk says. Once he is properly served and answers the complaint the court will demand the requisite information from him.  Also, there are companies that can run his information.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption