What do I do if a insurance company deny my claim

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I do if a insurance company deny my claim

My vehicle was stolen from in front of a friends
house. I was not aware of the theft until a few days
later. I called around to see if my vehicle was towed
and got not results. I then called the police and mad
a report. The officer told me to wait and see if my
vehicle was recovered. I called my insurance
company and asked what I needed to do. They gave
me the number to call. I submitted all paperwork they
asked for and they kept trying for reasons to deny
me. Every time they brought up a reason I proved it
invalid. They still denied my claim and wont even
send out a denial letter. At this point Im unsure what
to do.

Asked on November 19, 2018 under Accident Law, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Contact the insurance commissioner's office in your state and file a complaint against your insurance company.
If the insurance commissioner's office does not resolve the matter, file a bad faith claim lawsuit against your insurance company. Contact your County Bar Association for a referral to an attorney who handles bad faith claims against insurance companies.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption