What do I do about sexual harassment that made me leave me job?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I do about sexual harassment that made me leave me job?

Boss came to pick me up for work. He had been drinking and when we got there to
do our rooms housekeeping he shut the blinds and kept attempting to make me
feel guilty about not kissing him. Then, he tried to kiss me saying,’I’m going to
kiss you anyway right there on my cheek and face.’

Asked on April 18, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can file a sexual harassment complaint with the federal EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) or with your state's equal/civil rights agency, or you can file a lawsuit against the employer. A boss harassing an employee for a kiss or any other intimate contact is simply illegal. A good idea may be to contact the EEOC first; if they can help you, their help is free (unlike if you hire a lawyer to help you sue). If they are not helpful, you can always retain your own attorney and sue later.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption