what do i do.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

what do i do.

At work where ive been the victim of repeated racial discrimination as i work with all columbians , today a male coworker grabs my hand and places it on his crotch ,i immediately ask several people to assist or stand by too stop the continuous advances ,to no avail the more i tried to explain to supervisors and isolate myself the more the manager would yell to pair up and get it done,I was told we have no hr depart,what do i do noone is helping .

Asked on October 10, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, South Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

What you describe is clear sexual harassment or discrimination. Since you have clearly made management aware of this and they have refused to take action, the company can be held liable for its failure to prevent illegal  harassment/discrimination. Contact the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to file a complaint; at the same time, you can also file a complaint for the racial or national origin based discrimination. The EEOC's mission is to prevent this type of discrimination/harassment; let them help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption