What could happen to my son if he his 23 and he is being accused of having sex with a 17 year old?

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What could happen to my son if he his 23 and he is being accused of having sex with a 17 year old?

A 17 year old girl is saying that she did sexual favors for my 23 year old son. She was on drugs but she remembers it. She is in a teen challenge program through the church because of her doing drugs and having sex with different boys, plus stealing money from her parents bank account. The parents pressed charges against my son with just her lies. What can happen?

Asked on September 19, 2011 under Criminal Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

A lot can happen to your son so you need to get him an attorney - and a good attorney - as soon as you possibly can.  The charges here can range in degree.  But if he is convicted of any crime that involves "sex" and "a minor" he could be subject to having to register as a sexual predator.  That is not something any one needs to have to do for a crime that they dd not commit.  So please go and seek an attorney that litigates these matters.  You are going to have to poke holes in her story and prove that she is not recollecting clearly here.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption