What can you do if you’vie receivied your fourth DWI/DUI and you want to avoid receiving a felony on your record.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can you do if you’vie receivied your fourth DWI/DUI and you want to avoid receiving a felony on your record.

On the third offense he received two years suspended licence, $2,000 fine and community service. Besides these charges, record is clean.

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Criminal Law, Arkansas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think the person facing this fourth DUI has a very serious problem, and should have a lawyer with him in court.  There are simply too many variables here, and too much is at stake.

The possibilities include fighting the DUI, if there's a legal problem with either the original stop or what happened after that.  There may be a way to have this treated as something less than a fourth offense, if enough time has passed sinced the last one.  There are other ways an attorney might be able to help as well, depending on the detailed facts of the case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption