What can the courts do if a father refuses to pay court ordered daycare expenses?

UPDATED: Aug 25, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 25, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can the courts do if a father refuses to pay court ordered daycare expenses?

Court has issued an order and then issued an order with a deadline but father refuses to comply. What next?

Asked on August 25, 2011 Nebraska


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Then you have to go back to court by making a motion to hold him in contempt of the court order.  Judge's do not like it when a party to an action disobeys their order and goes against them.  In fact, they get pretty upset about it and they tend to sanction that party either monetarily or by throwing them in jail or both.  If the judge will issue a judgement for the amount of the money then you may be able to garnish the father's salary for the amount that he was to pay or to levy against his bank account or some other legal means fo getting the money owed.  Seek legal help here.  Good luck to you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption