What can I expect?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I expect?

I was driving and messing around with
pellet gun, when apparantly somebody
felt I was threatening them and pointing
it at them. I was pulled over by
multiple cops and arrested for menacing.
I went to jail and they released a few
hours later. I have court in two weeks
and am planning on pleading not guilty,
obviously. I have no adult record but as
a juvenile I got into trouble years ago
for unrelated things. What can I expect?
Can I really get in trouble for this?

Asked on December 7, 2017 under Criminal Law, Oregon


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

A person commits menacing if by word or conduct the person intentionally attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.
Menacing in Oregon is a Class A misdemeanor which is punishable by a sentence of up to one year in county jail and/or a fine of up to $6,250.
Although jail is often the sentence for menacing, usually the sentence is only probation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption