What can I do when an officer writes Gay,Utah on a traffic citation?

UPDATED: Nov 25, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 25, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do when an officer writes Gay,Utah on a traffic citation?

I got a traffic citation on I-70 WB mile marker 213 in Colorado and
on the ticket where it says registered owner name/address he wrote
Swift Leasing 6500 W Industrial Hwy Gay,Utah. I parked my car at
the Swift Terminal in Salt Lake City,UT. The truck is licensed in
Indiana and my driver license is from Idaho.

Asked on November 25, 2016 under General Practice, Idaho


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

As a general rule, a clerical error on a traffic ticket is insufficient cause for dismissal of a case; an administrative mistake would include the writing down of the town in which the ticket eas issued. Such mistakes will be corrected on the citation by a judge, so the case will not be dismissed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption