What can I do if I have been unjustly accused of the molestation of a minor child?

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I have been unjustly accused of the molestation of a minor child?

My son’s mother-in-law wants her daughter to leave my son and has told other family members that she is turning us in to CPS because the house was dirty. If that was not bad enough to tell people that my husband and I are molesting our granddaughter is beyond ridiculous. She has goone off the deep end and I am left here speechless.

Asked on August 7, 2012 under Criminal Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you have been accued of molesting a minor child, you need to consult with a criminal defense attoney as soon as possible to protect yourself and to engage in a course of action of damage control over the situation. You need to realize that many times people are unjustly accused of matters and the district attorney's office engages in a detailed investigation before any charges are ever filed (if any) in such a matter that you are writing about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption