What can I do in order to stay longer or buy my house back if I have a court date for a foreclosure eviction?

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do in order to stay longer or buy my house back if I have a court date for a foreclosure eviction?

I have been notified to go to court for foreclosure eviction and I want to know what are my options if I own another commercial property that I am trying to sale in order to have more funds. Can I appeal and how do I do that?

Asked on July 16, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Technically, if you have not lost your house that is subject to a foreclose proceeding (meaning you are still on legal title),there is nothing to buy back.

However, if you have lost this house via a trustee's sale or a judgment in a judicial foreclosure and are still living in it, you would be subject to an eviction proceeding which seems to be what is occurring.

If you are in an eviction proceeding, you do not have a lot of options. You can contact the person or company that now owns your foreclosed home and try to work a deal where you can lease back your former home with an option to buy where you hope to buy the home back from sale proceeds from a commercial property you have, try to enter into a contract to buy back the property subject to the sale of your commercial property, or file a lawsuit as to the presumed non-judicial foreclosure seeking an order that yu not be evicted from the home.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption