What canI do, if anything, about my boss putting her hand on me?

UPDATED: Oct 12, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 12, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What canI do, if anything, about my boss putting her hand on me?

My boss always yells I deal with that but she put her hands on me an shook me. She is now getting in my face and yelling at me and pushing on me. I don’t know what to do.

Asked on October 12, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

1) If you believe she is putting her hands on you or making comments to you in a sexual way, then you may have an employment discrimination or harassment lawsuit.

2) If the touching does not have a sexual component, there would likely be no discrimination or harassment suit. On the other hand, unpermissioned or forceable touching of anyone is illegal--it's assault, with the actual level of assault determined by the exact circumstances or fact. Assault is both a crime and a tort; that means you could report your boss to the police and seek to press charges, for example; you could also potentially file a lawsuit against her (and possibly the company as well) seeking monetary compensation. You may wish to discuss this matter in detail with an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption