What can I do if a buissness allowed my 16yr old to leave the place of buissness in possession of liquor?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if a buissness allowed my 16yr old to leave the place of buissness in possession of liquor?

My 16 ur old son went to Walmart and put
lotvof alcohol in a large cooler and
walked out the store with it. The
employees witnessed it and did not stop
the minor or contact us on the situation
for 24 hours. I feel it is wrong a
minor was allowed to leave perimisses
with lots of alcohol many incidents were

Asked on September 18, 2017 under Business Law, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You could report them to the alcohol or liquor licensing board in your state--they may investigate and take action. You could also report them to the police, since selling to minors is illegal. Be aware though that if you do make some official report, you son may then face consequences for underage possession of alcohol; you cannot report them without potentially implicating him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption