What can i do ? I need help.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can i do ? I need help.

My child 12 year old was cut by a 10 yr
old on the school bus I was not
notified but the other kids parents
were. I made a police report but this
kid is still on the school bus at
school. I had to take my kid to the
doctor. I talked with the principal
but it seems the school knows this kid
family. I need help

Asked on February 21, 2018 under Personal Injury, Arkansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You could sue the other child's family for any medical costs you incurred and, if your child suffered some permanent significant scaring or impairment, some amount for pain and suffering. But that's all you can do now. If there is another incident later, after the school had warning that a situation exists between the children, you may be able to sue the school then, for not--in the face of knowledge of a threat--taking action to protect your child; unfortunately, they are not liable the first time this happens, since they had no reason to take special precautions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption