What can be done to keep grandchildren out of my father’s home after being evicted?

UPDATED: Aug 21, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 21, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can be done to keep grandchildren out of my father’s home after being evicted?

Recently 2 grandchildren were evicted from my father’s home but they still come back and sleep there. The police said we had to get them evicted, now that they are evicted and keep come back. Today the policeman told me that I have to get a retraining order. Wasn’twhat what the eviction for?

Asked on August 21, 2011 Louisiana


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

At this point a restraining order is in order. Unfortunately. The fact of the matter is, an eviction is the first course of action in a situation such as this. And typically, once occupants are evicted they leave for good and that ends the matter. They do not come back and trespass. I don't know what if any threatening behavior has occurred, however, in a case when an eviction is ignored the proper legal remedy is to then pursue is the more extreme measure of obtaining a restraining order.

The law for obtaining such an order varies from jurisdiction-to-jurisdiction. Here is as link to a site that you may find to be of help:  http://www.lasc.org/court_managed_prog/LPOR/filing_steps.asp

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption