What are my rights as to negligent damage caused and admitted?

UPDATED: Mar 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights as to negligent damage caused and admitted?

My wood floor was damaged during an appliance delivery. The appliance company sent their “guy” to check the damage. Their “guy” stated this floor could not be repaired in the conventional way due to the type of wood and colors and the entire floor would have to be refinished. My family and pets would be dislocated during the repairs, my furniture and appliances would have to be stored, and I would be forced to shut down my home based business. They offered $400. I declined. I submitted an estimate for $1500 for the floor repair only. They now “insist” on sending in a “furniture repairman”.

Asked on March 9, 2012 under Business Law, Kentucky


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

This business should have an insurance coverage for such a situation. Get their insurance information and file a claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption