What are my options concerning foreclosure threats by my lender while I have been in a forbearance plan?

UPDATED: Jan 13, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 13, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my options concerning foreclosure threats by my lender while I have been in a forbearance plan?

I am trying to keep my home. I am now making my regular home payment but continue to be behind in my payments for last year while in a forbearance plan provided by my lender for the last 9 months. I am requesting a plan from my lender to begin making the back payments, but up to this point I have had no positive response from my lender.

Asked on January 13, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your lender and you have entered into a written agreement under a written forebearance agreement pertaining to a foreclosure, you are current on it, want to repay back payments owed but have yet to receive a positive reponse from your lender as to your inquiries, I would simply start making voluntary payments on your own for those months where you did not make the payments.

The sooner you start making payments, the sooner you will be able to whittle down what is owed since those missed payments are also accruing interest. In essence, since the lender cannot make a plan for you, you do it on your own.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption