What type of lawyer do I need regarding a septic tank and leach field issue?

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type of lawyer do I need regarding a septic tank and leach field issue?

When we moved into our home the previous owner had to put in a new septic system to accommdate the size of the house. Septic was put in and has never really worked properly. Now we have had septic repair come out and told the system is faulty, and we have a engineer working with us to design a new system. The county is now telling us that we live in the floodway and a permit should have never been issued for the septic; we can’t repair/get a new septic system. We need to talk to someone for legal advise but don’t know what type of lawyer to obtain.

Asked on June 11, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

With respect to the real property that you presumably purchased and you have now discovered that there is a septic issue with the unit, the type of attorney needed is one who has experience in real estate and construction matters including permit approvals with municipalities.

I suggest that you call your county bar association for a referral of three to four attorneys who practice law in the areas mentioned above.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption